Sunday, 9 November 2008

Hymns 195 - 196

These are two of my favorite Sacrament hymns.  I just think they explain the Sacrament and Atonement so well.  I felt as I was reading them that I wish that I could learn more hymns. I want to know how to play them.  I want to know the words so that I can sing them as I play.  It would help me to learn them if I could write in the fingering.  It would also help to practice them with a metronome to make sure I know have fast they are supposed to be played.  I have about 50 hymns marked as my favorites or the best hymns for me to learn and know.

I always find it hard to practice though.  I have to choose a time when no one is sleeping.  I also find that neither the kids nor Amanda like it when I practice.  I think Amanda sees the piano as her instrument and that I should stick to the violin.  

I'm going to try a couple of times this week to squeak in some practice time on Hymn #2, the Spirit of God.

No comments: