Battle after battle, and Coriantumr tries a couple of times to reverse the inevitable, with no success. His time to choose was when Ether first warned him about the destruction of his people. Prophecy fulfilled.
The part that stuck in my head today after I was done listening to this chapter were the words of Ether. He is told to go and talk to Coriantumr, and then he goes. He puts the plates where they will be found by the people of Limhi. At last he says, I don't know if I'm going to be translated or stay here to wander by myself. He knew it was a possibility. I wonder what happened. Either way he said it didn't matter.
In talking with a friend today I asked him about whether the ability to see Jesus in this life was for prophets only. He spoke with confidence that that opportunity was open to all. I agree, and I have a long way to go before my consistency will prove me worthy to be in His presence.
The part that stuck in my head today after I was done listening to this chapter were the words of Ether. He is told to go and talk to Coriantumr, and then he goes. He puts the plates where they will be found by the people of Limhi. At last he says, I don't know if I'm going to be translated or stay here to wander by myself. He knew it was a possibility. I wonder what happened. Either way he said it didn't matter.
In talking with a friend today I asked him about whether the ability to see Jesus in this life was for prophets only. He spoke with confidence that that opportunity was open to all. I agree, and I have a long way to go before my consistency will prove me worthy to be in His presence.
No comments:
Post a Comment